Looking to improve the traffic to your website?
In this post we will be looking at ways that you can attract more visitors to your site and improve your page ranking.
The content on your website should always contain relevant keywords. The keywords should be used naturally, and you should avoid “keyword stuffing” as this will result in your site listing poorly in search results.
These sites can reveal :
- Which keywords your competitors use
- How often people search for those keywords
- How much these words cost in pay-per-click ads
- Related keywords
Create Quality Content
People use Google to find answers to specific questions and your content should provide those answers. This ties in with the keyword research above, in that you can see the questions people are asking and tailor your content as a result.
It is important to add content to your site regularly as this improves your page ranking with Google and other search engines.
By adding fresh, relevant, content to your site you will improve traffic. Think of it like a television channel, if the channel shows the same shows over and over again then the viewership will not grow, but if the channel regularly refreshes their content then the viewership grows.
Maintain your Social Media Accounts
Social media can be used to attract more visitors to your website:
- Post content, you can share your blog articles and other new content from your website to social media.
- Post infographics and videos
- Interact with followers by replying to them
- Use relevant hashtags
- Update your cover photo to promote new content
- Reply to other people looking for answers with links to your content
There are a number of ways to use paid advertising on the web, including pay-per-click (PPC), social media and display ads. There are upsides and downsides to using paid advertising, for example users can use ad blocking software and the cost per click is around £0.78, so it makes sense to set a budget before you dive in.
You should setup a number of different ad groups that target your keywords. Once the campaigns begin you can closely monitor which keywords are increasing engagement, which ones only resulted in impressions and which ones are bringing in clicks and conversions.
Email newsletters can be a useful way to improve the traffic to your site, these are some of the best practices for email marketing:
- In the subject line and body of the email include information that will entice the user to your site
- Add links to the email that click through to content on your site
- Ensure the email is mobile friendly, links should be easy to see and click.
- Use personalisation techniques like using the name of the subscriber
- Use visually attractive templates for you emails
Specifically, the tactics for increasing traffic to your website will vary depending on the nature of your business. If you would like to discuss your requirements in more detail then please get in touch, or call us on 01625 666900, we will be happy to help.