Our very talented developer, Shaun recently spent 2 days at the lavishly appointed The Studio in Manchester's trendy Northern Quarter.
Thanks to the expert tutelage of Marc Goodson he returned with a collection of fetching stickers and a Level 2 Umbraco Developer Certification. Aside from the stickers, which he's very happy with, Shaun now has an even deeper understanding of the technology behind the award winning Umbraco Content Management System (CMS). This course included:
- Using MVC in Umbraco 7
- Debugging with Umbraco 7 and Visual Studio
- In-depth explanation of the Umbraco object model and presentation APIs
- Creating, importing and modifying content from .NET using the Umbraco 7 API
- Usage of AJAX and Umbraco 7 using WebAPI
- Search with Umbraco Examine
- Razor templates
- Property Editors & Dashboards with AngularJS
Specifically, the course covered the new Microsoft Visual Studio (MVC) based API that underpins Umbraco and how it can be tapped into to connect Umbraco CMS with client-specific applications and data. This means that Shaun can now work on bespoke content-managed sites that promote your business as well as interact with existing systems to provide even more value to your clients. On top of this he picked up lots of hints and tips regarding "best practices" involved in creating complex, function-rich web applications, and is looking forward to putting that knowledge to good use on our next Umbraco build. Once he's found somewhere nice to put the stickers that is!