Evolution Time Critical
Full Brand Audit
Whilst the existing brand had gone through a number of minor evolutions and changes it was felt it was time to take a more holistic approach, to undertake a brand audit of all existing materials so it was better aligned with the changing market and the business.
Whilst reviewing the brand it was surprising how well it had stood up to the demands and changes both of the market and businesses as a whole. It had become both respected and recognised in the market as an industry leader. Evolution rather than revolution was agreed to be the order of the day. We were to refresh and modernise the logo, but there was no requirement to make radical changes just for the sake of it.
Whilst the logo style was to be an evolution, it was felt there was opportunity to further develop the supporting materials, which included:
- The creation of bespoke photography for the client that they owned and could use throughout all materials, rather than purchasing the typical library images used by most of their competitors. But this was no ordinary photo shoot! The shoot was to incorporate a real live project that involved the hiring of two Russian Antonov aircraft that were bringing in business critical machinery from China. This involved gaining airport clearance for vehicles and staff, working closely with the client on time critical logistics, storyboarding the images required, planning secondary locations, the hiring of vehicles, production of livery graphics and dressing of the vehicles, purchase of appropriate clothing for drivers and planning the processes weeks in advance.
- Design and production of a 24 page corporate brochure and x2 6 page service brochures, including full copywriting, a series of schematic process diagrams and utilisation of the bespoke photography. To give the brochure the edge over competitors we not only wanted the content to be pertinent and design to look great, but we wanted it to stand out from the moment it was received. To do this we used a heavier cover board than usual and finished this with ‘touch’ velvet lamination and spot UV varnishing on key elements on the cover and throughout the brochure – It looked stunning, gaining admiration from their parent company in Canada.
- The creation of x2 content managed, fully responsive open source websites for their UK and Germany operations. Umbraco was selected as the preferred platform as it is more secure, robust and requires less day to day maintenance than the more commonly used Wordpress platform.
- A new modular exhibition stand to be used throughout Europe
- Sales and Corporate presentation templates
- Trade advertising
Evolution are seen as market leaders, setting new standards in the industry which has resulted in positive tendering and new business wins. Additionally, their Canadian parent companies were so impressed they asked Williams&Crosby to review and develop their brand logo also.